Oct 11, 2009

Thenpaandi cheemayile - Nayagan





I am glad that this weblog and my passion for music have saved me from the monotonous life that had been suddenly thrust upon me. After my first song, I was just wondering which one to pick next. Usually, the choice is easy as the ones that are lingering on my lips are the ones that end up getting sung.

I have always been passionate about movies. I am not an admirer of a particular actor. Generally, any good movie is my take. But, I have always been captivated by one man shows. They just mesmerize me and leave me thinking even after the climax. One such movie I recall from my childhood is Nayagan, which literally means “The Hero”, starring Kamal Hassan. This movie was directed by one of my favorite directors Mani Ratnam and tells the real life story of the rise and fall of one of Mumbai’s underworld dons Varadarajan Mudaliar. The film contains beautiful songs composed by the maestro Illayaraja and written by Vairamuthu. The song I have picked here to render is on of the best from that movie, originally sung by the mastero Illayaraja himself. Hope I have done justice to it.

*****

7 comments:

  1. Super! The much awaited second song from you is here!!
    You have done justice to the theme of the song with a very touching note of sadness in your voice and style. I particularly love the way you have sung "Iniyum azhuthu thembathey"... Fantastic effort. Keep it up and sing more!

    Now for the photo in the post. It is an appropriate pick as usual! I wish the man wasn't carrying the umbrella (he seems to have been walking pretty fast too). ;)

    Waiting to here more songs in your beautiful voice.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rahul, Amitha here. Your voice is really nice. I cannot understand, but enjoyed it. Even my husband listened to the song and he was surprised to see that you sang it and not illayaraja. Because he knows this song as well as he understands Tamil.
    You are truly a good singer. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Uma and Amitha for your kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey.. Good one da..
    Keep going...

    It inspires me to sing but you know,
    lack of talent.. :)

    Hey one interesting thing da..There are 3 old tamil songs that I like and have stored in my pc.. U have sung 2 already..

    lets see if third one turns out right..

    It should be a simple guess..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one da! keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. macha i have said to you all ... just keep going .. yours is a soothing voice poove sempoove on the cards right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice singing, enjoyed listening...

    ReplyDelete